Last Updated: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:51
Celtic assistant manager Johan Mjallby has confirmed the club received an improved bid from QPR for striker Gary Hooper.
QPR are reported to have offered £4.5million for the former Scunthorpe forward, who has been the subject of failed bids from Norwich and Hull this year.
Manager Neil Lennon previously revealed Hooper had probably played his last game for the Glasgow club and the forward, who has been struggling with a groin strain, was absent as the Celtic squad flew to Belfast this morning for their Champions League qualifier against Cliftonville.
"A bid came in last night (Monday)," Mjallby told reporters at Glasgow Airport. "I don't know how the club has responded to it.
"They increased the bid a wee bit when it came in. If it is good enough, I don't know. That's something you have to ask the chief executive, the manager and the board.
"We know it looks likely right now that Gary is going to leave the club. I'm not too sure the final word has been said yet. We have to wait and see.
"I think the club is going to sit down and think about it. If he has played his last game, I don't know."
Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.