Last Updated: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:01
Bakaray Sako has urged Wolves to allow him to speak with Fulham as he bids to secure a move away from Molineux this summer.
It was reported on Friday that a deal in the region of £4million had been virtually agreed between the Cottagers and Wolves for the highly-rated winger and it would then be down to personal terms and a medical as the only obstacles to him joining the Londoners.
However it appears Wolves, who will be playing in League One next season following a second successive relegation last term, are attempting to drive the price up further by waiting for counter bids to come in from the likes of French giants Lille, Lyon and Marseille.
That has left Sako disappointed that he is not being allowed to continue his career in the Premier League as he claims the club promised him in the past.
"When I joined Wolves, the club said to me the aim was to reach the Premier League together," said Sako.
"I am sad that has not happened but I gave everything and have always been respectful to the club.
"At that first meeting, I sat with [the former Wolves manager] Stale Solbakken and Jez Moxey and they told me if we didn't get promoted, the club would let me go.
"I was told I could speak to Fulham and now I don't understand the delay. I would like things to be sorted out.
"I am only being ambitious. I believe the fans will understand that. In the difficult moments we had last season, they were very good to me and I hope they saw someone who gave everything back to them."
Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.