Last Updated: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:41
Liverpool look unlikely to reignite their interest in former winger Tom Ince after Cardiff had a bid accepted for the Blackpool star.
The Reds have until this afternoon to match the Bluebirds' reported £8m offer under the terms of the deal when Ince joined the Seasiders from Liverpool two years ago.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers tried to sign Ince in January but was put off by the asking price then and is unlikely to make a new move for him with the fee seemingly set.
However, he may not be on his way to Cardiff either after Blackpool boss and Ince's father, Paul, stressed the 21-year-old has not made up his mind on his future.
Ince senior said: "Cardiff have come in massively for Thomas and the chairman has accepted their offer. When he comes back (next Monday), we'll sit down and see what we want to do. He loves it here and has told me he's in no rush to leave the club.
"I think it's 50/50 at the moment if he'll stay or not. It's a tough one for me. I want my son playing in the Premier League but I also want him here playing for me."
Ince junior, who fired 18 goals for the Seasiders last term, has been given an extra week off after playing for England Under-21's in their dismal European Championship campaign in Israel last month.
Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.