Last Updated: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:08
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has played down talk of an imminent transfer and says he is only focused on the Confederations Cup.
The 26-year-old revealed earlier this month that he is keen to leave Anfield this summer, saying he has had enough of perceived mistreatment by the British media.
Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have been heavily linked with a move for the player, who joined Liverpool from Ajax in a £22.8million deal in January 2011.
Suarez is currently with his country Uruguay ahead of the Confederations Cup in Brazil that gets underway on Saturday.
Some have suggested the tournament is the ideal opportunity for Suarez to put himself in the shop window and attract potential suitors.
That is something denied by the player, who says he is only focused on his country.
"Here I come to play for Uruguay and not thinking what I can do to benefit a transfer," he said. "My only goal is to win the cup."
When pushed on the latest regarding potential transfer Suarez added: "For now there is nothing."
Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.