Last Updated: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 09:58
Manchester City defence coach Angelo Gregucci admits the club would be interested in Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
Gregucci, who was last week seen pulling Mario Balotelli apart from boss Roberto Mancini in an apparent training ground bust-up, also told Radio Crc that he believes the Italian forward is one of the top ten strikers in the world.
There has been widespread speculation in Italy that City will cut their losses on Balotelli and make a move for Napoli's in-form striker, who tops the Serie A scoring charts with 16 this season.
"I don't know if the club will lay siege to Napoli for Cavani, but every club with a player of the highest level will be courted by bigger clubs," said Gregucci.
"(Roberto) Mancini decides the transfer targets with the new directors.
"If Cavani should want a new adventure, I expect they'd let him go."
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed on Saturday that he had "turned down an offer of 55 million euros for Cavani" and continued his bid to keep the Uruguayan in Naples by suggesting he would like Cavani to form a partnership with Mario Balotelli.
Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.