Adams frustration at Vale slip

Last Updated: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:57

Port Vale manager Micky Adams was frustrated as his side threw away their 2-0 lead with 10 minutes to go in the 2-2 draw with Coventry.

Vale took the lead after just 37 seconds when Chris Neal's long ball evaded everybody and Doug Loft pounced to easily slot his eighth goal of the season into an empty net.

Ben Williamson scored the second after 73 minutes after heading in from two yards out.

Jordan Clarke headed in substitute Mark Marshall's free-kick with 10 minutes to go before Callum Wilson's solo effort in the 90th minute completed the comeback.

And the former Coventry manager was unhappy with his side's defending to allow his former side to grab a last-minute point.

Adams said: "I think we've got to feel disappointed with what we've done for their two goals, we've not defended the set-piece well and it's quite clearly a foul on Jennison Myrie-Williams for the second.

"It's a real shame as we put a real shift in. Up until the first goal we conceded I was delighted.

"We gradually got into the game and Ben Williamson and Tom Pope were a handful for them.

"Up until the last 10 minutes we were comfortable. It's unbelievable defending, and when the players see that last 10 minutes I'll think they will be embarrassed. They've switched off and it's frustrating for our supporters."

Have you an opinion on this story? Put your money where your mouth is and claim a free £25 bet.

Related news

O'Connor targets another promotion

Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:19

O'Connor's Vale deal done

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:33

Vale bring in experienced duo

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:12

Smurthwaite plays down petition

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:48

Daniel relishing Pope link-up

Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:12

Marshall looking to settle at Vale

Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:02

Moore makes Vale switch

Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:01

New chapter for Page

Wed, 02 Jul 2014 14:30

Marshall wings in at vale

Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:51

Vale announce McGivern capture

Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:56
© 2010